Saturday, February 18, 2006

Lots of background & very little academic jargon [BOOKS]

Having spent the last 2 days writing/reading on international treaty law, I haven't been able to look at anything related to child soldiering. I have a growing stack of reports I need to read, but sadly I've gotten to the point where words and numbers start blurring together on the page. It's just useless to try to absorb anything. Several people have been asking me about books or articles they can read on the problem of child soldiers. Something that's not so technical, not so academic. I'm all about that, especially when I think about the development aid reports I need to get through. So, these are my suggestions:

Innocents Lost, Jimmie Briggs - journalist
www.jimmiebriggs.com

Another book, good for background info:
Children At War, PW Singer - policy analyst at the Brookings Institution
www.brookings.edu/scholars/fellows/psinger.htm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home